Thursday, May 1, 2014

Music Magazine double-page spread

Double-Page Spread draft 4


Here is a improved draft of my double page spread. I removed the top two images of the left side of the page, covering it with a single image. There was empty space that I felt the need to fill, I placed it with quotes of that from other magazines, giving information from what others have said. The text has been increased to cover the majority of the right page. The look of the design and layout is stylish and set out to be like that of a dance magazine. The 'I' symbolises the topic, being the first letter of the artists name. The text for the article is displayed below:


The new profound artist has been pursuing this dream since he was 17, not bad for only 3 years experience. “I was just a usual teen, minding my own business, sitting back with a can of Pepsi whilst looking round the Internet. It was then I found a performance by a DJ called avicii, just seeing the decks and the way he manipulated the effects to create such a good song”. It was then he realized that this is what he wanted to do. “I bought myself some cheap decks and began learning and practicing. A few months went by and I started performing at birthdays and private party events. After some time after that word got out of my talent and clubs were starting to hire me. The atmosphere of what was happening to me was surreal.”

Iridescent has recently signed with Adidas to be the new face of the sports wears company, taking a photo-shoot for their new sports wear magazine as seen on the left. “I can’t believe wants happened lately, it still feels like a dream. I never thought I would become this big, signing to be the new face of a major sports wear company, becoming one of the biggest artists in the UK” says the 20 year old from Liverpool­­­. The rising star has become a local hero, and is a huge supporter of Help the Heroes.

He talks about how it felt the first time he performed in front of hundreds. “The pressure was suffocating, I could not believe how nervous I was, and I could barely stand.” However, as soon as the young artist got on stage, the rhythm flowed and his love for his music became lionized. Over the last 14 months the artist has gone through a huge transition, from working at club to club till a certain someone noticed his talent. This someone is Hugh Dewar and he is now managing the young artist. Iridescent has signed on a record deal with Spinoff Records and is now becoming more popular then anyone ever thought.

The newly released album ‘G6’ is officially the first published album by the artist, we managed to grab a quote from the artist about it “This album will official mark my steps in music history, I thoroughly enjoyed making it, it will be the pure backbone of my music”. The newly released album has already sold thousands of units and has become one of the UK’s top 5 sold albums.

What is he up to now? We managed to catch up with the artist and find out what his latest project is…

“At the moment I am working on a new single, but what will make this different from the rest is that I am going to make it the quintessence of life through the use of dance music. What inspired me to take up such an idea is that I wanted to create a single that would convey its beauty, serenity, and magnificence.”

Speaking with his manager, Iridescent is scheduled to play at many events this summer, his popularity his risen rapidly. He is signed to play at the Cream Ibiza event in of course Ibiza, the world’s number one party spot, he’s sure to bring the house down there with that kind of atmosphere. The artist is also scheduled to play right here at the UK’s biggest dance festival the nation has to offer, Creamfields 2014. This year is a very exciting year for Iridescent, it has official become the kick start of a whole new world for the young artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment