Sunday, March 2, 2014

Music Magazine contents page

Contents page draft 2

Here is a second draft of my contents page. Looking over the NME contents design, I have designed the layout based around that. I noticed that the month issue and wed address was displayed at the top next to the heading rather then the bottom, this is so they can be easily found and not missed. I have added more information on more pages and included another image. Like the style of the NME mag, I displayed the page numbers at the top corner of each image and displayed anchorage text underneath each image rather then along with other information. I have kept the original style of my contents page as I still believe it suits my genre of music well. I have also categorized the text into two separate columns, one for the main features and one for the usual information for each issue. Reading through the NME magazine contents page, I noticed the main features were displayed towards the second half of the magazine. This is so that readers do not go straight to the main features, they read through the 'regular' information to find anything new about their familiar information before moving on to the main features. This gradually builds excitement and prevents boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment