Monday, February 10, 2014

Music Magazine double page spread

Inspiration & Idea

Here are some double page spread designs that I've chosen for inspiration, and also my first initial design of my double page spread. These design don't necessarily come from dance/house music magazines, but they resemble similar characteristics that I'm looking for in my own music magazine of my chosen genre. The reason for the first design is, I like how the heading is displayed above the text, it clearly shows the topic of the text. Also, I am intrigued by the design of the giant red 'L'. It is faded so that the text can be clearly seen and displayed on top of the text, it symbolises the information on the artist, I am debating whether to use this for my own design as I think it will stand out and catch the readers eye. The reason for the second design is, the idea of inserting the images into geometric shapes fascinated me, I think that it gives a broad vivid design. I am also thinking of displaying an image in the text area and positioning the text around the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment