Saturday, February 22, 2014

Music Magazine double page spread

Double page spread

Here is a first draft of my double page spread. I have made significant changes to my initial idea. Using MixMag's double page spread designs as inspiration, I have created a design which I think will suit my magazine. I have removed the geometric designs as I decided to arrange the images as followed, having two images on top and one large image on the bottom. I also displayed the name of the artist behind the larger image in its own authentic, creative design. The authentic artist's name displayed behind the larger image clearly revealing the topic of the article, the combination of the main image and heading behind attracts the reader, promoting the subject. The next part of the double page spread is based on the Lady Gaga and Tinie Tempah article designs. Reading through the Tinie Tempah article, I have based my own on a similar topic, giving a masthead that grabs the readers attention straight away along with the anchorage text underneath. Seeing the Lady Gaga interview as well, I decided to display a bright red capital I behind the text. I have done this to clearly show who the text is about, but the colour of the letter keeps the magazine's authenticity along with highlighting the name of the artist in the anchorage text
.

No comments:

Post a Comment